We may not be able to help you specifically, but we can put you in touch with the help you need.
We have a team of people dedicated to praying for people’s needs in our community. If you would like prayer for a particular need or situation please feel free to contact us by e-mail or telephone. All prayer requests are handled confidentially.
Email for Prayer or call 01625 578100
DEBTS AND MONEY
Financial problems are one of the main reasons that people get into difficulty. This is often as a result of changed circumstances. Unfortunately we are not in a position to give money to any individual but we can help in other ways. For specific advice on debt, we would suggest contacting Christians Against Poverty.
- Samaritans: Confidential support to anyone in emotional distress. 08457 90 90 90
- Relate: Couple counseling, information and support to adults dealing with relationship issues. 0845 1304010
Grief support for bereaved parents, families and friends.
- Child Death Help Line: 0800 282986
- The Compassionate Friends: 0117 953 9639
CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE
Comfort advice and protection for any child or young person with a problem.
- Childline: 0800 11 11
- Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000
- Drinkline: 0800 917 8282 Advice on sensible drinking and alcohol misuse.
- National Drugs Helpline: 0800 77 66 00 Information and advice for people who misuse drugs, their families, friends and colleagues.
- Celebrate Recovery
Help with housing problems
- Shelterline: 0808 800 4444
For immediate and confidential health advice and information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- NHS Direct: 0845 45 47
VIOLENCE & CRIME
- Refuge Domestic Violence Helpline: 0870 599 5443
- Victim Support: 0845 30 30 900
FAMILY & PARENTS
Practical help and information for parenting.
- Lone Parent Helpline: 0800 018 5026
- Parent Line Plus: 0808 800 2222
- Age Concern: 0800 00 99 66 7 days a week, 7am to 7 pm